måndag 7 oktober 2013

Ride To Ruin!

For a while I have been reading a new set of rules from the Lard Approved stable called Ride To Ruin. Lard Approved means rules that are either based on the Lardy principles or written by someone in the Lard community with the assistance of the rest of the community in general and TooFatLardies as a company in particular.
These rules, written by Jeremy Short, are intended to be the next step up in scale from Dux Britanniarum and to also include magic, monsters and other fantasy aspects of battle. As I am already using Dux to play battles in Middle Earth, it was a perfect fit for me.

I intend to use my 28mm GW LOTR figures, mixed with the likes of Gripping Beast and Warlord, to play these games, but for play testing I need small figures that take up less room and can be quickly taken out and put away. Enter The Battle of Five Armies!



I've had the boxed set laying around for years but never got around to painting any of it. Today, that is a good thing. I can simply pick troops out of the box, stick them on bases and go, mixing and matching as needed.

I intend to start play testing with two very small armies just to get a feel for how movement and combat works and I will report here.
 Would YOU like to know more? As the rules are still in playtest version, you need to contact Jeremy via the Yahoo group for Ride To Ruin. http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/rtrplaytest/info

5 kommentarer:

  1. Reminds me that I need to get cracking on my own Warmaster/LotR project...

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Indeed. I was looking at the figures and realised how nice they are. The I remembered that there are at least two other companies making really nice 10mm fantasy figures. Oh, crap, magpie syndrome strikes again!

      Radera
    2. Well, in my case I already have succumbed to the magpie syndrome, owning two sets of BofA, a bunch of Copplestone Not-Uruk Hais, Pendraken Normans-soon-to-be-Men of Gondor, and some other bits and bobs... I just need to paint them!

      Radera
    3. Heard that last line before...

      Radera
  2. And there come the magic words:"I just need to paint them!"

    SvaraRadera